Thursday, September 19, 2013

Emotions



Before getting into our next post on conflict resolution, we need to travel back to Mind or emotions for a little bit.

It’s important to know the difference between thoughts and feelings as they are sometimes confused. For example, below are some sentences that we say that are not true emotions:

I feel that you are wrong.
I feel that this is not a good way to do that.
I feel like things aren't going well.

Those are thoughts and are usually indicated by the addition of the word ‘that’ or 'like.' Often, ‘I feel that…’ is just a replacement for ‘I think...’ Another ‘I feel’ sentence that is not an emotion is when one states that they feel cold or hot when describing temperature. Emotions have a wide range as shown in the picture/wheel below. Feel free to post additional emotions: 

No comments:

Post a Comment